Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tldcd initialization failure

2001-04-06 07:47:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tldcd initialization failure
From: TerryGSpicuzza AT Eaton DOT com (Spicuzza, Terry G)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:47:25 -0400
Has anyone received a message "unavailable: initialization failed: Control
daemon connect or protocol error".  I've tried all networking connectivity,
including ping, telnet, but I can't connect on robotic host tldcd from one
media server to other robotic/media server.  It returns a connection
refused.  The situation is 5 media servers which include 1 robotic/media
host, all connected to 2 dlt drives in a StorageTek 9710 Library.  As a
result, the tape drives remain under AVR control and returns 98's on all
backups.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Terry Spicuzza
Collective Technologies
Eaton Corp. (TCC)
34899 Curtis Blvd.
Eastlake, Ohio 44095-4002
voice: (440) 954-5626 fax:  (440) 954-5636
pager: 800-946-4646 pin#1438201
alphanumeric: 1438201 AT mobilecomm DOT net
email: spicuzza AT colltech DOT com