Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Path length issues

2001-04-05 15:40:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Path length issues
From: Grant.Melvin AT netapp DOT com (Melvin, Grant)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:40:30 -0700
Hi,

David:

        toasters AT mathworks DOT com is a NetApp customer run
        e-mail list and staff at NetApp are encouraged
        to pay attention to customer issues reported
        there. However, its not a replacement to logging
        a support call with our CS department, but is a
        great resource to share & receive information from
        your peers (as you already know).

        Similar to David I'd encourage all NetApp customers
        to subscribe.

Curtis:

        As for the pathname aborts, if the NAS device is
        a NetApp filer then we believe that it is NetBackup
        that is aborting the backup, since dump (our embedded
        backup method) is all relative name based, so it
        doesn't know the length of the full pathname.

Michael:

        Are your file & directory names really long or
        is your filesystem laid out with very deep directories?

Cheers,
        Grant