Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Path length issues

2001-04-05 11:42:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Path length issues
From: mikes AT about-inc DOT com (Michael Scala)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:42:06 -0400
Has anyone encountered any issues with path length being too long? I have a
few NDMP backups with this problem, first I get an error stating the length
of the path (anything over 1023 characters) immediately followed by an exit
status 6 (the backup failed to back up the requested files). Aside from
locating the problem paths and shortening them Veritas says there is no
workaround. What I am wondering is does the job end as soon as the path is
encountered or does Netbackup know to just skip this file and move on. I
have received two different answers from Veritas support.

Michael Scala
About the Human Internet
1440 Broadway, 20th Floor
Office:212-204-2668