Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rebuilding Media Server

2001-04-05 09:19:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rebuilding Media Server
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 06:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, I would copy the media directory somewhere (make
sure all of the daemons/sorry, services are
down/stopped) then after the reinstall and before I
start the services again, copy the directory back in,
then use the wizard to re-discover the multihosted
drives as you have suggested.

I've done this several times before (not the multi-
hosted drives that has only been a couple), you should
be good to go after that...unless anyone else has seen
some 'gotchas' that I have been fortunate enough to
miss?

-David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
---------------------------------------
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting

Quoting Steve Robb <steve_robb AT cnt DOT com>:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> For the '%NBPATH%\netbackup\db\media' files - can I
just copy them off
> somewhere, reinstall the media server and then copy
the files back in?
> Also,
> since I'm rebuilding this machine, and since we're
using it in a shared
> storage environment, any problem with just running
the Device Configuration
> wizard from the master and having it rediscover the
multi-hosted devices
> that are out there?
>
> Steve Robb
> Director of Voice and Data Services
> (763)-268-6680
> steve_robb AT cnt DOT com

normal
> NetBackup database backup process, you should be
> backing up this as well as the other media server dbs.
>
> Another one is the device database.
>
> %NBPATH%\volmgr\database
>
> This contains the physical information about your tape
> drives, robotic control, etc.  Again, part of your
> normal NB DB backup process.
>
> Since you are going to tear-down and rebuild, you will
> more than likely recreate anything that would be
backed