Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Management

2001-04-04 14:41:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Management
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:41:05 -0400
I know this is not exactly a NetBackup issue, but I am interested
if NB admins in a situation similar to mine have had experiences
with tape management products.

We administer 4 "large" 11.00 Unix 3.2 NB Masters (and 9 offsite
Masters). We have gotten to the point where we can no longer
function without some kind of tape management system to track
tapes once they leave the robot.

At the moment, there is alot of human intervention and manual
tracking of tapes and we wish to minimize this. We had hoped that
we could get look at some bar coding products but are having a
difficult time tracking down appropriate packages.

Any ideas anyone?

Charlie Somogyi
Bristol Myers Squibb
Princeton , NJ