Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pushing updated bp.conf files

2001-04-04 09:53:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pushing updated bp.conf files
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:53:11 +0200

 i am this guy ;-)

> "if you definitely want to edit it manually, you must use
> regedt32, as regedit can't do REG_MULTI_SIZE."
>
> (And REG_MULTI_SIZE is what NBU uses.)  Any confirmation on this?

 i confirm. but i think there is a mistake here. regedit and regedt32
are tools to *interactively* edit the Windows registry. you're
speaking about *scripting*, so neither of those tools are what you
want.

 you'll need some registry command line utility to do so. there
are plenty of those; some links which could help:

 http://www.windows2000faq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=20447
 http://www.windows2000faq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=14741
 http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=3456

 Amicalement,
              fx

#include <VRTS/std_disclaimer.h>

--
     fx AT Veritas DOT com       | Wind catches lily
François-Xavier Peretmere | scatt'ring petals to the wind.