Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Novell backups

2001-04-03 12:47:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Novell backups
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:47:13 -0700
Wondering if anyone else is running into this.  My VAR is telling me
that I can't do individual directory/file backups on a targeted Novell
client.  Anyone know for sure if this is true?

I was looking through the doc's today (just got them last night...) and
it looks like the selection list will allow me to set individual paths
to be backed up or excluded.  The way I understood it was that if I put
something in the exclude list it will backup the entire server minus
that path, if I put something in the include list it will only backup
that path (plus any other paths listed).

Can anyone confirm this?  Or maybe I'm totally wrong and I can't do
granular backups of Novell clients.  Of course, that would be absurd....

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy