Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restoring root disks

2001-04-02 10:25:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restoring root disks
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:25:21 -0600
To restore a root disk I put in a new hard disk identicaly partitioned and
formatted to the original root disk.
Then I mounted it in a temp directory

#mkdir ttt
#mount /dev/dsk/c0t15d0s0 /ttt
#fsck -y -o f /dev/rdsk/c0t15d0s0

Then in Netbackup I selected restore to an alternate location (/ttt/), I
de-select "rename links" (soft and hard). I get the error

/ttt/usr/lib/fs/ufs/quotaon
17:20:49 (435.001) Could not link /ttt/usr/lib/fs/ufs/quotaon ->
/usr/lib/fs/ufs/quotaoff: Cross-device link

Doc from Sun's site states:
Cross-device link:

Cause:  An attempt was made to make a hard link to a file on another device,
such as on another filesystem.

Action:  Establish a symbolic link using ln -s instead. Symbolic links are
permitted across filesystem boundaries.