Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Slave Server

2001-03-29 20:07:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Slave Server
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:07:17 -0800 (PST)
when you install your new media server, you'll do so as
you did with your master server, but this time you will
tell it that it is a slave and the master's name is X.

>From the master in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin I think
there is a script that is called

addslave

or something like that...you can run that to tell the
master that there is another server out there under its
domain.

David

Quoting Stephen Dvorak <sdvorak AT veritas DOT com>:

> Monica,
> You will just need to purchase a license for the new
media server, and
> configure NetBackup to use it.  In other words, you
are not locked out from
> adding as many media servers as you would like (only
from a licensing