Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robot time-out errors

2001-03-28 11:19:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robot time-out errors
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com (TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:19:11 -0600
I was curious if anyone has ever ran across the following error:

Mar 28 06:47:18 omhq1009 tldd[16061]: TLD(0) [16061] unable to connect to tldcd
on omhq1009: Connection timed out (238)

They're intermittent errors and have been a thorn in our side from day one.  We
have done many, many, many things in an attempt to stop these errors.
  What
happens is that the robot loses momentary communication and all tapes that are
in the drives at the time of the error are left in the drives.  The
robot thinks
they're back in the proper slot and another job will come along wanting to use
the tape and will receive a media time-out error.  I'll attempt to give
 a basic
rundown of our environment.

HP-UX L2000 Master NetBackup Datacenter 3.4GA
Brocade Silkworm 2800 2.2 Firmware
StorageNet Fibre Channel / SCSI router (bridge) 3200 9913a Firmware
STK-9710 w/ DLT700 Tape Drives Firmware 1.0.1   (Robot is directly scsi
attached to HP Server -  This was changed from bridges in an attempt to
correct problem)

Any thoughts, ideas and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

-  Terry