Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Catalog backup

2001-03-26 15:22:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Catalog backup
From: jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com (Joshua Fielden)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:22:10 -0800
There is a script in the SA guide that does it, in case the db backup does not
fit on one tape. Page 158 on has this. Otherwise, using the built-in database
backup is the best solution.

YMMV, IANAL, etc, etc, but we recently did a tar restoration of a regular class
backup of our master server, and all went smoothly, if not slowly.
Unfortunately, 24x7 shops such as ours get bit hard by the requirement that
backups be idle to do a database backup. Maybe the basic feature of hot catalog
backups that can span media will be included in 4.5.

JF

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 02:57:12PM -0500, matty91 AT mindspring DOT com spake
unto the multitudes: