Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] posting to the list

2001-03-23 13:10:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] posting to the list
From: doug AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU (Doug Hughes)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:10:25 -0600 (CST)
I'm getting another spate of questions regarding people not able
to post. Time for the periodic reminder.

In order to prevent spammers from burying you with stupid email,
the list software has an option to allow posting *only* from people
subscribed to the list. This is a good thing! However, the down
side of this is that if you subscribed using an alias, you can't
post. You must subscribe using whatever address you plan to post
from. (minus upper/lower case difference, it must be an exact match)

If your email address is big_dog AT fido DOT net, then you better subscribe
that address. Don't subscribe huge_dog, or the_big_dog, or bd AT fido DOT net.

hopes this takes care of the questions queing in my mailbox. :)

If you want to change your subscribed address, visit the
list information page (at the bottom of this message) go to
Edit Options, unsubscribe your old address, and subscribe with
the new address.