Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 196 - Resolution

2001-03-19 13:06:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 196 - Resolution
From: AhrensJ AT psi DOT ca (Jason Ahrens [ahrensj AT psi DOT ca])
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:06:14 -0500
I discovered the reason for my numerous 196 errors.

It seems over the weekend, a temporary key we had in place for NetBackup
expired. Although we did have a full key in place, it seems NetBackup saw
the temporary key expire, and so shut down our 'evaluation' version. This
morning, we started it up again, and all seems well. We removed the
temporary key entirely to ensure it cannot cause problems in the future.

I would like to suggest in future versions of netbackup, that better care be
taken to ensure the behaviour of the system when temporary keys expire. In
particular the case where valid non time-restricted keys are already in
place.

Jason