Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Managing NT clients in the Enterprise

2001-03-16 15:08:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Managing NT clients in the Enterprise
From: Ayaz Mudarris ayaz AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:08:46 -0600
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:55:30AM -0800, Everett, Craig wrote:
> Background:
> Netbackup 3.2
> Master server running Solaris 2.6
> 200-300 NT4.0 Clients
>
> What is the most efficient way to manage data backed up on NT clients. I
> want to reduce overall data to tape but I don't want to log in to every
> server and maintain an excludes list. I've thought about having the clients
> administrator maintain an includes list so that we are only backing up
> explicit data and nothing more. Does anyone know a good way to centrally
> manage this stuff for NT clients? If you add entries to the includes tab in
> the NT client config will it automatically exclude everything else? Help.
>
> Thanks from the NT challenged,

Hi Craig,

The easiest way to manage these is through the NT administrative GUI.

It gives you an entrerprise wide access to the individual clients.

--
Ayaz

#!/a.k.a/jazz
Ayaz Mudarris, Senior Consultant
Collective                      http://www.collectivetech.com
Tel  (312) 781-6200             eFax (253) 541-2141