Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Minimal NT server for Client configuration

2001-03-15 20:41:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Minimal NT server for Client configuration
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:41:11 -0500 (EST)
If I understand correctly what you are saying here, I miss the point
of additional "NT" server.  Why??

I have Solaris master (netbackup 3.2) and all my clients are netback
3.2 NT/UNIX.  The NT clients were recently upgraded from 3.1.1 to
3.2 and on some of clients, the backups failed with error 11 (mostly
attributed to OTM settings).  I had the NT admin change the settings
and for most part the problems subsided.  My concern is we are rolling
out 3.4 enterprise wide and does this have me revisit all the OTM
settings?

What is the advanatge of having this minimal NT server to manage clients?
We seem to be doing fine without it.

-ravi