Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tpconfig question

2001-03-15 15:55:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tpconfig question
From: SimonL simonl AT tvratings DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:55:13 -0500
David,

You are mentioning the tpconfig and I have a question regarding this
command.

We are in the process of setting up a VCS high availability NBU cluster
with  where our media server is outside of the two node master
server/ACSLS cluster.  When we switch between production and our test
cluster configuration it seems our test media server occasionally needs
to be rebooted after we go through and change our tpconfig settings.

If you or anyone else knows why we have to go through such drastic
measures. Is it because there is an RPC connection back to the ACSLS
server, and just changing the tpconfig settings will not take effect
unless we do a reboot or  kill  the daemons?

Thanks