Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude list

2001-03-15 11:04:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude list
From: Young, Ken limelite AT ti DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:04:57 -0600
Hopefully, someone already gave you a reply but if not ...

The exclude list on Windows PCs is located in the Registry since NB 3.1 (I
think) at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\

The value is Exclude and the Data Type is REG_MULTI_SZ.

Here's the info the NB Help files:

If an exclude list has the following entries:

C:\home\doe\john
C:\home\doe\abc\
C:\home\*\test
C:\*\temp
temp

the following are excluded from server directed backups:

The file or folder named C:\home\doe\john.

The folder C:\home\doe\abc (because the exclude entry ends with \).

All files or folders named test that are two levels below home.

All files or folders named temp that are two levels below the root.

All files or folders named temp at any level.

I believe you can also use *.ost to exclude any files with .ost extensions
anywhere in the file system and based on my experiences, no service
stop/restart is needed to take affect.

Regards,
Ken Young
Texas Instruments Inc.