Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup DB Catalog File Paths

2001-03-13 14:25:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup DB Catalog File Paths
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:25:03 -0500
I'm not using a NFS but I have mounted my NBU catalogs and files as a local
file system and have successfully grown it using Veritas Volume Manager without
any problem. I think, conceptually, you should be able to do it. After all,
isn't that the underlying basis for NAS and SAN? I would find it peculiar that
Veritas didn't support it with their own products. But hey ... I've been
misguided lots of times in my life.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Karamchedu, Rajeev K." <rajeev AT tigr DOT org> 03/13/01 02:01PM >>>
Hello

Have you had any experiences with storing NB Catalogs
on an NFS Filesystems ? I am trying to find out if they
are problematic. Our netbackup catalog size is ever
increasing due to our increasing backup tasks
and I am thinking of throwing a part of it on a Netapp
filer so that I can grow it on demand..

(or I could add an internal disk, but that's only migrating
the problem to a future time...)

I appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Rajeev