Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4 admin client work w/3.2?

2001-03-13 14:24:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4 admin client work w/3.2?
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:24:24 -0700
All,

  We have set up a new NBU 3.4 master running on an HP N4000 with HP/UX
11.00. Normally we run without authentication on our internal networks. To
get things working with 3.4 however, we have had to muck with the
authentication files in /usr/openv/var/auth. We have added an entry to
methods.txt -
0 noauth /usr/openv/lib/libnoauth.sl
 And we also had to modify methods.allow by adding -
noauth : ALL

  To make a 3.4 NT Administrative client work, we had to modify the
corresponding NT files also. Once we did this, we were unable to connect to
our 3.2 master servers.

  Is there a way to make the 3.4 admin clients work with our 3.2 masters,
preferably without using authentication? And without re-configuring our
dozen or so 3.2 masters and their clients?

  Thanks for any help,
    Bryan

Bryan Bahnmiller
Agilent Technologies