Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restore of Exchange 5.5 mailbox

2001-03-12 16:44:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restore of Exchange 5.5 mailbox
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:44:09 -0800 (PST)
I don't know if there was an answer to her original
question yet.

The way I have seen this exchange recovery is to
restore the entire store to another machine (off the
network since it has to have the same name, etc as the
production machine to work), bring up the exchange
server on this machine (still off network), recover the
mail box in question to the file system.  Then getting
the recovered email to the production server.

I'm not an exchange person and I don't even pretend to
be, I am just commenting on what labor I have witnessed
in the past of some of the Admins I have worked with.

I may have missed some steps...but that's basically it.

David

Quoting "Sixbury, Dan" <dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org>:

> Does Netbackup 3.4 backup and restore Exchange at the
mail message level?
> have heard from our NT guys that the latest version
of backup exec is
> supposed to be able to restore exchange at the
granular level of a single
> mail message.
>
> thanks,
> Dan
>
> With the 3.4 software you could have done single
mailbox backups and