Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle/SAP cold backup

2001-03-11 00:38:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle/SAP cold backup
From: shyam hazari shyamdayal AT usa DOT net
Date: 10 Mar 2001 22:38:26 MST
Admins,
         I am configuring a cold backup for Oracle/SAP on a NT server and
my backup server is Unix(HP-UX). I have couple of questions regarding that.

1)As I am doing a cold backup , I need to sutdown the SAP application and
bring it back up once the backup is over. Shall I call a separate script
for doing that or can I add the entries in the veritas Oracle cold backup
script?  If so how do I shutdown the SAP application and what are the
environment variables I need to set and what are the commands I should be
using ?

2)Simliarly how to restart the application ?  Again do I need to write a
separate script ?

I am scheduling the backup jobs from the master server(Unix) and I am
going to call those scipts from an NT server.

I really appreciate y'r help.

Shyam Hazari,
SAIC