Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 96

2001-03-09 11:37:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 96
From: Sangemino, Joe JSANGEMINO AT EFTIA DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:37:04 -0500
Hello,  lately I've been seeing failures in our Microsoft Exchange Server
backups, using the Netbackup Exchange client.  The failure is reported back
to our Unix Netbackup 3.2 server  as: (96) unable to allocate new media for
backup, storage unit has none available.

This is a bogus message, because there are always 2 available tapes in the
robot, and if I fire off the backup manually to the same tapes, the job runs
successfully.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Sangemino
NT/UNIX Systems Administrator