Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate in bpend_notify

2001-03-06 11:56:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate in bpend_notify
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:56:31 -0600
the backup_exit.notify script is passed 5 parameters

client, class, sched, sched_type, status and stream.

If a duplication job is to begin right after a particular class is done,
then you would want to check to see if this is the class you want to
duplicate.  Then make sure all clients in the class have completed using
bpdbjobs -report | grep'ing for ACTIVE QUEUED or RE-QUEUED job states and
comparing the classes of these jobs to the one you are hoping to begin
duplication on.

This script (backup_exit.notify) will be run after each client's backup job
completes.  When the last one is done, your script (backup_exit.notify)
could then call the duplication script (outside of the exit script for
timing purposes [&]) and pass it the class and perhaps the sched_type to the
begin duplication.

Hope this helps.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting