Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Trouble with 3.4 upgrade on HP-UX 10.20 Media Server

2001-03-05 08:09:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Trouble with 3.4 upgrade on HP-UX 10.20 Media Server
From: Boleman, Jeff jeff.boleman AT andersencorp DOT com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 07:09:03 -0600
We upgraded NetBackup 3.2 to 3.4 this weekend. All of our UNIX media servers
are HP-UX 11.0 except one, which is HP-UX 10.20. We were unable to install
the upgrade on this server. I used the same cd and same pfs_mount commands
as the others. I even tried variations of this and it still will not
install. It just gets to the first part and hangs. Has anyone seen anything
like this? (See install script) below:

Jeff Boleman
Systems Administrator III
Andersen Corporation
jboleman AT andersencorp DOT com

VERITAS Installation Script
Copyright 2000 VERITAS Software Corporation

        Installation Options

        1 NetBackup
        2 NetBackup Client Software

        q To quit from this script
Choose an option [default: q]:
The NetBackup and Media Manager software is built for use on HP9000-800
hardware.

NetBackup is currently at release level 3.2GA.
This package will install release level 3.4GA.

Do you want to reinstall NetBackup and Media Manager? (y/n) [y]y
NetBackup and Media Manager will be updated to release level 3.4GA.

The HP9000-800 clients will be loaded.
Do you want to load any other NetBackup clients onto the server? (y/n) [y]n

/usr/openv/netbackup/client/HP9000-800