Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using bpexpdate to extend expiration dates

2001-03-01 20:38:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using bpexpdate to extend expiration dates
From: Dan Dobbs DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:38:07 -0800
 Greetings!

 I'm trying to use bpexpdate to extend the expiration dates of duplicates I
have made to send offsite (month-end, year-end, et. al.). However, I'm getting
"requested media id is in use, cannot process request" errors, both in the
script and at the command line.

Here's the syntax I'm trying to use:

#  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -ev MM1069 -d 03/01/2002
12:00:16 -force

It gives the same error if I try to do it by image name as well.

The tape is in the robotic library, I can see it in the Media & Device Manager,
and is in the proper Volume Group.

Any ideas?

Regards,

-Dan Dobbs