Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Combining MBU master servers

2001-03-01 12:23:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Combining MBU master servers
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:23:22 -0600
Hello Bob

So how did you merge the netbackup catalog and the netbackup volume databases?
Or did you just reimport the tapes into the new combined master/media server?

I'm planning on splitting a master into two masters and my current plan is to
just tar the catalog and volume databases to the respective clone and then prune
out or expire the respective volume groups from each master server.   If I have
to expire and import tapes, it'll take forever.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

The phone works now, they fixed the designation.

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          llabonte@att.|
|        |          com          |
|        |                       |
|        |          02/28/01     |
|        |          03:38 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     BuckRM AT northamerica.stortek DOT com,
      |
  |       Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)             |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] FW: Combining MBU master servers       |

Bob,

I combined a master server and a media server, sharing a STK 9714,
with a new master server with a STK L700.  These servers run
Solaris (2.6, 7 & 8) and NBU 3.4.  This migration was performed
yesterday and was a complete success.

Leo Labonte
AT&T