Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Shared Storage Option

2001-02-28 12:51:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Shared Storage Option
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:51:06 -0600
Has anyone used the Shared Storage Option that is available with Veritas
3.4?

I have been trying to implement this in a SAN and had problems with the
Multihost drive option.  The option that allows the drives within the tape
library to be controlled by multiple media servers.  One of the media
servers sees the drive with multihost capability, but the master/media
server says that the drive is not multihost capable.

I found a system admin guide for SSO online, but I wasn't sure if there was
a separate install guide for SSO.

If anyone has some input about implementing SSO and getting the
library/drives shared between the media servers, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You,
Dan Sixbury
Celerits Technologies, LLC