Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup several Netapp filer with only tape devices attached to one Netapp filer

2001-02-23 04:05:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup several Netapp filer with only tape devices attached to one Netapp filer
From: Pascal VIOLERO AI/DI-A pascal.violero AT airbus DOT fr
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:05:45 +0100

            Dear,

            I am using Netbackup to backup using NDMP one Netapp filer;
            and it work correctly. All the drive are directly attached
            to the filer.

            Now I want to backup 3 more Netapp filer, so I want to know
            the better
            method to do this.

            I find several messages into this forum regarding NDMP
            proxy. I know that is very
            difficult to have a such proxy on a UNIX server, but my
            question is
            can I use a Netapp filer as a proxy to backup another netapp
            filer using Netbackup
            software ?

            or if is not possible, what is the best method ?

            Best regards