Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 backup of client running Solaris 2.5.1

2001-02-21 09:45:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 3.4 backup of client running Solaris 2.5.1
From: Labonte, L R (Leo), SITS llabonte AT att DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:45:11 -0500
Hi James,

We are currently working the client support issue with Veritas.
We are very disappointed that NetBackup is weak in the support
of legacy clients.  NetBackup 3.4 supports clients supported
by NetBackup 3.2.  However, be careful to capture the client
code on NBU 3.2, since you may need to reinstall your Solaris 2.5.1
client at some point in the future.  Here's a work-around.  While
you have NetBackup 3.2 on your system, cpio or tar the
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris2.5 directory and
put it in a safe place.  After the upgrade to NetBackup 3.4,
restore the Solaris2.5 directory to its original location.
Solaris 2.5 will once again show up in the GUI.

Please help us to impress upon Veritas how important it is to
support our legacy clients.  Thanks.

        Leo Labonte
        AT&T