Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #282 - 11 msgs

2001-02-14 11:20:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #282 - 11 msgs
From: Dana Bourgeois Dana AT slamdunknetworks DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:20:36 -0800
netbackup will work through a firewall.  It will not work through NAT.  NAT
will fool it into trying to connect directly to the firewall which is not
what you want and the firewall will never allow and which wouldn't work
properly even if you let it happen.

When the netbackup people talk about netbackup working through a proxy, they
don't mean NAT.  I now connect through our firewall since we removed NAT on
that interface.  Other protocols work better too.

Dana Bourgeois
Slam Dunk Networks
Digital Mechanic & Network Janitor
1.650.632-5543