Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun Gigabit Performance

2001-02-14 10:38:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun Gigabit Performance
From: Andrew Steingruebl steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:38:27 -0600
I run the ucd-snmpd package on my backup servers and use cricket to graph the
interface throughput.  It gives me pretty good stats on in/out traffic for the
interface.  I only manage to push about 90mbit on a 100mbit interface, but I'm
sure I could do more tuning to increase it.  I'm getting a gig-ethernet
adapter soon to put into a 220, if I get stats I'll post them.

Oh, and have you thought about tuning your interface for better performance?
Nice little article in adjusting TCP buffers, etc. in this months ;Login from
Usenix.

- Andy