Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I stop bprd while backups are running?

2001-02-09 09:51:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I stop bprd while backups are running?
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:51:57 -0600
At 8:41 AM -0600 2/9/01, David A. Chapa wrote:
>My question would be this:
>
>Why not, after the bpdbjobs check for active jobs and finds NONE, don't you
>just kick off a bpbackupdb then?  That should handle the problem of whether
>or not subsequent backup jobs will be submitted or not.
>
>I've been trying to test this out for you, but my test box is ill.
>
>I was going to simply test:
>
>1.  bpdbjobs returns no active jobs
>2.  run bpbackupdb
>3.  then try to initiate a manual or schedule backup to see if they are
>    submitted or do they wait until the bpbackupdb has completed.

Those jobs will queue up and activate right away, they will not wait for the
bpbackupdb.

The GUI-initiated (or automatically bpsched-initiated) database backup is the
only one that will hold backups as you suggest.  Run it by hand or from cron or
from bpvault and backup activity can go on as usual.

rob