Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How2get robot control host for a robot?

2001-02-02 15:44:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How2get robot control host for a robot?
From: Michael Wei wei AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:44:58 -0600 (CST)
The only place on the master that might have this information is acutally
in the VM database.  vmquery -w -a will give out all the media that VM
knows and if they're in a library, shows the robot # and the robot control
host.  A Perl script can parse it pretty easily:

#!/opt/third-party/bin/perl

open(VMQUERY, "vmquery -w -a |");

# skip first three lines of garbage
$line = <VMQUERY>; $line = <VMQUERY>; $line = <VMQUERY>;

while ($line = <VMQUERY>) {
    @tmp = split /\s+/, $line;
    next if ($tmp[7] eq "-");
    $robot_control_host{$tmp[7]} = $tmp[5];
}

foreach $robot_num (keys %robot_control_host) {
    print "$robot_num\t$robot_control_host{$robot_num}\n";
}

--Mike