Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command line to change Netbackup DB backup destination?

2001-02-02 15:09:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command line to change Netbackup DB backup destination?
From: Ron Jack (Programming) rjack AT nando DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:09:06 -0500
In half English/half script:

bpsyncinfo -l will list the last written barcode twice. Let's assume that's
the one to be replaced. If last written is also the barcode in position 1
then $tape_id = -id1 and $densitystr = -d1. Else $tape_id will be -id2 and
$densitystr will be -d2.

In the example below CMD003 is last written, CMD001 is in position1:

SYNC 0 2 0 0 0 0 *NULL*
SYNCSERV "servername" CMD003 CMD001 2 13 981007677 980788606 0 *NULL* CMD003
2 13 981093437 979577103 0 *NULL* 1 -1 -1 -1 /usr/openv/netbackup/db
/usr/openv/volmgr/database

Use vmquery -bx -p 1 (or whatever your netbackup pool number is) to select a
barcode that's *not* listed in the sync file, but *is* in the netbackup pool
and *is* in the robot. We have four tapes in the netbackup pool; one is out
of the robot and the other two are in the sync file, so I only have the
choice of one tape to assign to $barcode. I realize this part is really site
specific.

Then from the command line:

bpsyncinfo $tape_id $barcode $densitystr dlt (using values, obviously, and
replace dlt at the end if necessary.)

Well, that's how we do it. I have this in a perl script that also does a
couple of other things.

HTH,

Ron