Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Flash Backup woes

2001-02-02 13:08:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Flash Backup woes
From: Paul Gimpelev paulg AT cdcna DOT com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:08:34 -0500
        I have an issue with FlashBackup that I hope at least some of you
share.  I have been trying for a while now to figure out a way to dynamically
allocate cache filesystems while still using NBU scheduler.  I know I can do it
with a third party scheduler like Autosys by first running a check of all
available/usable cache partitions and them modifying a class on the fly and
manually starting a backup.  With NBU, however, even if I am able to execute
the pre-backup script my modification of a class will not affect the backup
parameters - they are already set.  So I do have 2 questions:

                1) Has anyone found a way around it?

                2) Has anyone heard of Veritas planning to enhance
FlashBackup/NBU by adding the ability to use cache pools vs. single hardcoded
cache partition?

paulg