Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBDB backup scripts?

2001-01-29 00:30:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBDB backup scripts?
From: John Carey jcarey1 AT home DOT com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:30:25 -0500
It's been a while since I wrote a script to do that so I am trying to
recall this script off the top of my head. It went something like this.
(There may be an error with the script (is the symbol for modulo // ?),
but you should be able to understand the logic.

#!/bin/ksh
# Recycles 3 NB DB Tapes over 3 days.

NB_Tape_File=/usr/openv/netbackup/.nbtape
Number_of_Tapes=3
TAPE0=A00000
TAPE1=A00001
TAPE2=A00002

Tape_Num=`cat $NB_Tape_File`
(( Tape_Num = (Tape_Num + 1) // $Number_of_Tapes ))
echo $Tape_Num > $NB_Tape_File

TAPE=`eval TAPE$Tape_Num`
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbbackupdb -tpath $TAPE

Message: 3