Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bar-code

2001-01-28 22:32:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bar-code
From: John Carey jcarey1 AT home DOT com
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:32:05 -0500
Sam,

I believe the type of tapes you are using are DLT-IV for DLT7000 drives.
Correct?
If you take a close look at the bar-code label, you will see the
bar-code, the six character tape label. Actually it is a seven character
label. If you look close enough, you should see a capital letter 'D' at
the bottom of the label. If you have a bar-code scanner available, you
could verify that letter 'D' is included within the bar-code itself. The
letter identifies the type of tape to the robot so it doesn't try to
mount, for example, a DLT7000 tape in a 9840 tape drive (provided you
have different types of drives within your library). Tapes with an 'R'
are 9840 tapes. Cleaning tapes for a 9840 have a 'U'. This barcoding
method is applied by STK. I can not comment about other vendors.

Regards,
John Carey

Message: 7