Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding NBU Patch Level if you OEM it From Sun

2001-01-26 16:38:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding NBU Patch Level if you OEM it From Sun
From: KevinB AT paccessglobal DOT com KevinB AT paccessglobal DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:38:26 -0800
For those of you that are not familiar with Unix but have to work with it,
you might want to note that unix is case sensitive.  What makes the commands
below case insensitive is the -i flag with grep.  Also, as you can see from
output of the showrev command it shows you Suns patch number (not the
Veritas patch number).  If you don't have a cross reference matrix (if there
is one) you can get more information in
/var/adm/patch/"patch_number"/README.patch_number.   This typically lists
the major fix this patch is for and what files are included.