Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] connecting to bpcd through a Checkpoint 4.x Fire wall on Solaris

2001-01-26 13:29:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] connecting to bpcd through a Checkpoint 4.x Fire wall on Solaris
From: Dana Bourgeois Dana AT slamdunknetworks DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:29:14 -0800
OK, I have installed the latest patch for Solaris (J0850559) and it doesn't
affect what happens when I attempt a backup.  For those who answered with
advice about which ports to open in the firewall, it isn't a port issue.
It's a gateway issue.  The firewall already allows the proper ports through,
but the client BPCD insists on trying to bind to the firewall port which is
refused by the firewall.  If anyone is willing to either look at my trace
log to figure this out or to send me a trace log of a successful backup
through their firewall for comparison (Solaris client with Netbackup 3.4),
I'd be really really grateful.  So far, Veritas support is striking out.
And I have sent them the trace logs so they have all the information I have.

Follow up:  Is anyone using 3.4 through a firewall?  I've seen a couple of
messages conerning 3.2 and firewalls.  I thought 3.4 was more firewall
friendly.

Thanks in advance...

Dana Bourgeois
Slam Dunk Networks