Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] commvault

2001-01-26 12:03:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] commvault
From: Oswald, Michael J (Michael) mjoswald AT avaya DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:03:49 -0700
We still have CommVault in-house and did not have any real issues with their
DB backup solution but had nothing but trouble extracting NT files from
tape.  The optical solution works but since we started using Veritas NetBu,
I agree with Dennis.  Unless they have something better than Veritas
NetBackup product, save yourself the long hours and support calls.

Another example, with our version, during a restore, if the files were not
found, we found that the daemons for knowing where tapes where located in
the jukebox .. went south.. it no longer knew what it had in inventory.  To
rescan the same tape or other tapes you basically had to kill the daemons or
reboot (probably a more elegant way of doing it, I'm sure).

CommVault was delivering a new product, but at the time, we could not wait
and made the leap to Storages & NetBackup.

Mike
Avaya Inc.