Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bplabel problems, ideas for offsite automation.

2001-01-25 08:58:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bplabel problems, ideas for offsite automation.
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:58:36 -0800 (PST)
Brett:

bplabel will mount the tape for you.

 You already added these new tapes to media manager, so
they have an external VSN (-ev).

Your command should work as follows (just as you have
attempted)

bplabel -ev A00002 -p Netbackup -d dlt -o

however, when this is just sitting there I'd take a
look at your device management window to see if there
is a problem with the drives, or a pending request, etc.

I have done this same thing before and it has worked
for me.

David

Quoting Bret Hester <bret_hester AT hotmail DOT com>:

> Hello all,
>
> I have Netbackup 3.2 running both master/media on a
single
> Solaris 2.6 e420r. The autoloader is a Sun L280. Eight
> slots no barcode or mail drop.
>
> I want to get to the point of having a fairly
automated removal
> and replacement of the offsite pool each month.
>
> Scenario because its a small robot with no bar code
reader
> Im trying to script the process of freezing a number
of
> media ID's Then removing them physically and
replacing the
> media with new tapes. Then I want to relabel the
media with a
> new unique ID. This is so that the old ID's are
always in the Netbackup
> database.
>
> First I freeze the media in the offsite pool.
>
> Then I use tpreq to mount the media in the drive
>
> /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpreq -ev A00002 -a w -d dlt -p
offsite -f
> /tmp/nbumedia
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev A00012 -
d dlt -o -p backup -n

> FFUR
> Cannot assign a robotically controlled device
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev A00012 -
d dlt -o -p backup -u

> 0
> Cannot assign a robotically controlled device
>
> Now if I dont specify a drive number or name it
commands just
> sit's there 20min+ is as long as I've left it.
>
> //usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev
A00012 -d dlt -o -p backup

> and it just sits there.............
>
> Please help, you might even be so kind as to share
scripts/ideas as