Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude_list question

2001-01-24 19:48:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude_list question
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:48:03 -0500 (EST)
Hi All,

Currently I'm backing a lot of Unix servers and we have a
cookie cutter exclude_list that we maintain centrally and dist
out once every week to all these NB clients.

However, for certain clients I like to include some local file
systems/files to exclude.  Due to the function and nature of these
different servers, I can not maintain an exclude_list based on
class or schedule.  My question is, can I do something similar
to exclude local files with a directive similar or on the lines of

#include "exclude_list.local"

in the exclude_list file?  This way, I can maintain local excludes
for each server and everytime I dist, I know that I will not be
overwriting the previous client specific excludes.  Thanks for
any answers.

-ravi