Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Q/A Script

2001-01-22 20:09:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Q/A Script
From: Everett, Craig Craig_Everett AT intuit DOT com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:09:27 -0800
Background: Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris 2.6

Does anyone have a "hard to live without" Q/A script that runs daily on your
master servers that looks for problems that are easily missed by an admin?
What I'm looking for is a bourne script that you basically add to every time
you find a problem in your environment. This script is basically your backup
admin who helps check your environment for problems like volume database
host discrepancies, bad storage unit configurations, or inconsistent
class/client definitions. I want to automate this process to help manage a
continually growing environment. It's only going to get worse from here and
scripting a good watchdog seems to be the only good solution. Any help or
direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig Everett
Intuit INC