Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] List of Backed up files

2001-01-19 13:22:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] List of Backed up files
From: Doug Braden Doug.Braden AT veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:22:47 -0600
Barbara,

Here is an example of how to use bplist:

bplist -C insert your client name
-R recursive list 99 levels deep
-s mm/dd/yy hh:mm start time (can skip hr-min)
-e mm/dd/yy hh:mm end time (ditto)
-k class you want to list (optional)
/ start at root to create list
> output.txt can omit to print to screen

EXAMPLE: bplist -C frog -R -s 03/05/99 / > output.txt

If you gave your bplist command a start time of a week ago it would list all
files for all backups over the last week and would possibly write the same
files and directory structure over and over. If you give bplist a specific
class to list and also request output from only the previous night's backup
you should receive managable output.

You can all tell it to look for a specific directory and associated files.
For example:

/usr/oracle/db would list any oracle files in the db directory for you.

Well I hope that helps.

Doug Braden
VERITAS Impact Team