Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media ID Not Found in NB Database

2001-01-16 10:50:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media ID Not Found in NB Database
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:50:22 -0600
Hello

The media may have been allocated on another media server.   You need to specify
which one with the -h flag.   Don't know why it does this but even if you have
everything centralized to one volume manager, bpmedia still has the concept of
which media server the tape has been assigned to.   It gets confusing since some
commands use the -h flag to reference the volume manager while bpmedia uses it
to reference the media server.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          dfdwyer@tecoe|
|        |          nergy.com    |
|        |                       |
|        |          01/16/01     |
|        |          08:19 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                          |
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)           |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] Media ID Not Found in NB Database        |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I recently tried to put a DLT tape in FREEZE status using the following command:

bpmedia -freeze -ev cdy754

I received the following message:

Requested media ID was not found in NB Media database and/or MM Volume database

The tape shows up in my library and when I reconcile the contents of the library
with NBU there are no discrepancies. I have issued the same command for other
tapes and they work fine.

I'm beginning to get STATUS 84 messages for some tapes (they are some of my
older ones) and I freeze them until the current images expire and then replace
them. This is the first time I've not been able to get at one of them.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice