Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Not enough space errors on tapes

2000-12-22 13:20:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Not enough space errors on tapes
From: Joshua Fielden jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:20:35 -0800
I'm seeing a few errors in our logs that match essentially this same format. I
can't find this in the archives, or on veritas' site. Can someone enlighten me
on what this really means? The frequency with which this happens is too high
for it to actually be tapes failing, and a piece of media immediately inserted
into the same drive works fine, etc, etc.

12/21/2000 15:09:02 monster virtue  read error on media id 010927, drive index
                    1, reading header block, Not enough space
--
"Any man page that includes the words "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BEWARE OF DOG.
SLIPPERY WHEN WET" means trouble" - Michael Lucas