Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris8 + NBU 3.4 + Oracle?

2000-12-21 10:50:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris8 + NBU 3.4 + Oracle?
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:50:16 -0600
Have any of you heard if Oracle 8.x, NetBackup 3.4, and Solaris8 are
supported to work together?  Solaris8 is well supported, its the
combination with the NetBackup for Oracle that throws it off.  The
release notes for 3.4 and the patchJ0850482.README make no mention of
this.  Interestingly, the Veritas-Oracle-Sun Initiative shows that most
of these products work together at
http://www.vosinitiative.com/configb.html, but you wouldn't be able to
backup (with NetBackup) this several thousand dollar configuration!
NetBackup supports working with Oracle, NBU 3.4, NBU for Oracle, and
Solaris 2.6 or 7--just not Solaris8.

I put in a call to Veritas and am waiting for a response back.  However,
I just want to know if any of you had heard about this, and thought this
would be an item of interest for many of you.  I really need this
configuration to work next year, and have no doubt its being worked on,
I just need to know when it will work.

Regards,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)