Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Taking a backup using the commands

2000-12-20 14:08:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Taking a backup using the commands
From: Lee Kolinsky kolinsky AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:08:53 -0500
Try running "bpbackup -help" on the command line to get a list
of arguments.  The general style of the command would be

        bpbackup -L /path/file.log -s sched_name -f /path/file_list_name

You will need to have a class defined with a user_directed type of
schedule and that will be the schedule name you would use in the above
command for that client.

As for the TAR part, this depends on whether you have a stand alone
drive or a robot.  It would be a little trickier with a robot but
it can be done.  You will want to "down" the drive in the robot and
then use "robtest" to move a tape into that drive.  Then you can use
TAR.

Hope this helps some.