Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Taking a backup using the commands

2000-12-20 13:47:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Taking a backup using the commands
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:47:52 -0600
You want to use bpbackup for command line backups.  I don't think you want
to try to mix tar and netbackup backups on the same tapes. Actually I don't
think that you can mix normal tar and Netbackup backups on the same tape, or
at least not without going to a lot of trouble.

Keep your tar's separate from your netbackup backups.  Otherwise you are
going to shoot yourself in the foot.

example of bpbackup
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -c CLASS_NAME -L /tmp/logfile -t 0
file_to_backup

Dan