Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Determining tapes required for restore

2000-12-19 16:37:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Determining tapes required for restore
From: Speier, Guy J - CNF Speier.Guy AT cnf DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:37:45 -0800
I don't know that there is a guarantee that these will provide the complete
list, but:

1) Using the Java GUI, set up the restore, and click "preview media
required".  I hate the Java GUI (who doesn't), and I seem to remember with
3.2 that it gave misleading results to this action.

2) Perform the restore, and have messages written to a log file.  It will
give a printout of media needed to be mounted (and then ultimately fail with
mount errors).  Sometimes there are more tapes listed than are actually
needed.